At 150 years old Canada has grown and produced many original and unique artists and entities alike.
On the surface Canada is most commonly known for (here are but a few): Hockey, Beavers , Maple Syrup, Beer, Mounties,Tim Hortons Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, and being very polite!
Here are a few less known things that are made in Canada.
- Starting in Winnipeg, The Royal Winnipeg Mint produces coins for over 60 foreign countries.
- Winnipeg also makes most of the world’s Scratch Cards.
- British Columbia builds more submarines than most other countries combined.
- Ottawa produces the world’s best baseball bats
- Most of the world’s French fries come from New Brunswick.
- The Bay Blanket
- Kraft Dinner
- Beer Pong
For a neat trip back in time, here is a great 28 minute video about Winnipeg Street cars that has some of the best archived information on the history of our city.
Happy Canada Day!!