When day to day struggles with life get in the way, it can eventually wear a person down to the point where you start to become indifferent on how you feel about your workplace and the people around you.
Take a minute and check out how others have found their way back to a happy and healthy workday!
- Set your time for breaks and take them. Doing so lets you walk the longer road ahead.
- Remove distractions when complete concentration is in order
- Give yourself a timeline to complete the most important or aggravating task and take a well-earned “high five” from within.
- Smile and be kind. By doing this you will radiate positivity and reap it in kind.
- Challenge yourself. Be consciously committed to personal growth. There is something to learn from everything you hear, see and experience. This can even include mishaps or mistakes. Learn to interpret each event objectively.
- Learn from constructive criticism. Even when you disagree it should give you a different prospective to see or hear another’s point of view.
- Declutter your space. When you throw away unwanted things, you make room for new things and new energy to enter your life.
- Be the absolute best in what you do. Set the bar high. Others will notice and follow your lead.
- DON’T use a personal challenge as an excuse to do poorly at work. A fight with your fiancé? It happens. Shake it off before you go to work. What good does it do to let the negative energy domino affect your career? Go for a run. Scream underwater. Write it out in your journal. Do whatever. Then, bring your best to work. A good day can spill over into your home life. You are either spiraling up or down based on your thoughts and choices.
- Practice and express gratitude. Be grateful for everything you have today and everything that you will get in your future. Let the people who have touched you know about your gratitude towards them. If you don’t tell them, they may never know.