A failing water heater can make life uncomfortable. When the pressure is on it can be difficult to choose between repair or replacement; electric, gas or Tankless models; and water heater capacity. Our water heater experts at Tradesman have extensive knowledge and experience in the installation of all sorts of water heating systems in Winnipeg homes and commercial buildings. Only a professional water heater technician should install a new hot water heater.
We are extremely familiar with all city regulations, codes and safety requirements governing hot water heater installation, and we will see to it that your water heater is safely and properly installed.
Tradesman water heater technicians take pride in our ability to provide on time, professional water heater services when you need it. We know our Winnipeg customers expect fast quality service, top notch equipment and water heater repairs that you can count on.
Our team of professionals is dedicated to providing you with a clean and organized installation or repair with a pricing plan that will not change. No Surprises!
Average Hot Water Usage
|Activity||Gallons Per Use|
|Kitchen Faucet Flow||2 per minute|
|Bathroom Faucet Flow||.5 per minute|
|Total Daily Average||64|
Source: Federal Energy Management Program Energy Cost Calculator, March 2010
Faucets and appliances can use a lot of hot water, which costs you money. Look for ways to heat your water more efficiently and use less.
Conversion to Electric or Gas Water Heater
When a gas chimney is compromised or becomes oversized due to an upgrade to a high efficient furnace in your Winnipeg home, converting to an electric water heater can be a cost effective and safe solution. It becomes important that you are aware of the differences and what to expect.
- Electric water heaters take longer to recover than a natural gas water heater
- Will need a new240 volt circuit and wire from your panel box
- Will usually need to be physically larger needing more space
- May cost a little more to operate even though they are 100% efficient
- Gas water heaters may backdraft with changes in vent sizing.
- Negative pressure situations may develop with the introduction of a wood burning fireplace or a high volume kitchen exhaust fan.
- A new chimney liner can cost between $500 to $900.
- Replacement and operating costs will be less than an Electric Water heater
Call Tradesman today for more information on Water Heaters in Winnipeg. The following link may also provide you with answers to your Water heater questions
Water Heater Replacement
With the replace rather than repair methodology towards consumer products, it is rare that a product gets designed, manufactured and offered to the public that will last a long time. Water heaters and light bulbs alike are designed to last a specific period of time making them consumables. The Rheem Marathon Water Heater sets itself apart from the rest with a true and tested superior design. Tradesman Mechanical endorses Marathon Water Heaters as your replacement water heater.
The Marathon electric water heater offers these advantages:
- Technologically advanced design is clearly differentiated from short lived steel water heaters.
- It’s the most durable water heater made, with a warranty to match.
- Envirofoam™ insulation is completely free of CFC and HCFC ozone depleting gases. Marathon leads the way in environmental friendly manufacturing, design and operation.
- All wiring is run in conduit for easy control wiring.
- Tank comes complete with a factory installed vacuum relief valve, ¾” brass tee and ¾” brass nipple for easy, professional installations.
- Replaceable brass drain valve.
- Seamless blow molded polyethylene tank with no anode rod required for a corrosion free life. In most cases eliminates “rotten egg syndrome” with well water supply.
- The filament wound fiberglass outer tank is designed to be more flexible and withstand more pressure than conventional tanks.
- High temperature, commercial-grade dip tubes for greater durability.
- Our unique high temperature dip tube is offset from the concave bottom, creating a “whirlpool effect” which helps prevent sediment build-up.
- Every tank includes 4′ of pipe insulation for even greater savings.
Relocating Your Water Heater
Planning to renovate your basement? Is your water heater in the way? We are experts in offering options when it comes to relocating your water heater. Gas water heaters are restricted to the length and location of the vent pipe. If it is electric, it can be moved to almost anywhere there is space and access for servicing.
Tradesman Mechanical has been offering options and solutions for renovation projects in Winnipeg for over 28Years. One of our comfort experts will be more than happy to answer your questions.