Prices for high efficient furnace can be confusing at the least for most homeowners in Winnipeg troubled with the task of replacing their furnace. Much the same as purchasing other items such as vehicles or vacations, sales promotions can be misleading when the “extras” are added in afterwards.
As a discerning buyer, the logical approach to find value would be to recognise that the cheapest price could not possibly find you a better “deal” since for the most part you get what you pay for.
Low overhead Lou can provide you with a $4,000 furnace ,and the same one may cost $6,000 from High Pressure Harry !
Here is a simple breakdown of average furnace prices along with additional items and challenges that can add to the final cost of replacing your furnace.
• Base line Builders models: $3,300 – $3,800
• Standard 95% high efficient Furnace: $3,900 – $4,500
• 2 Stage Furnace96% variable fan : $4,200 – $4,800
• Modulating Furnace 98% high efficient $4,500 – $5,200
1) Difficult venting due to clearances : add $100 – $250
2) Condensate pump: add $100 – $200
3) Extra ductwork (low boy): add $150 – $300
4) Re-wire thermostat wiring: add $75 – $200
5) Re-wire furnace with grounded circuit: add $125 – $225
6) Re-locate fresh air intake or dryer vent: add $200 -$400
7) Chimney repairs if being re-used: add $450 – $900
8) Conversion to electric Water Heater add $1,200 – $1,500
9) Programmable thermostat: normally included
10) Maintenance program: included to $150 / yr
11) Extended warranty coverage included to $400.00
12) Correct previous clearance and deficiency issues:
a) Vent clearances to combustibles
b) Combustion air requirements for closed in spaces
c) Inadequate airflow due to poor ductwork
d) Backdrafting of natural draft appliances
It will be well worth your time to compare apples to apples or in this case with furnaces, “Included or a-la-carte” Furnace