The word “FREE” is being used in many ways in sales and commerce to imply that their product or service is offered without remuneration or costs.
A more accurate term ‘complimentary” implies that something is being offered as a courtesy. As a prospective customer, your time and attention is being sought after for future consideration, and in the real word our time may be given up for “FREE” if there is some interest or trust gained through an attractive promotional offer.
With such offers, not only are we paying with our efforts and time, we are perhaps wasting an opportunity to do something of more importance.
So what is really and truly FREE?
- Hugs, smiles and sunsets are free.
- Fond memories and opinions also are free.
- Inner peace that can allow us to appreciate beauty and find it in the least of things.
- Love, inspiration and imagination are all free.
- Paying it forward or taking the opportunity to do a good deed with no intention of self-gain. This is free.
- And my favorite of all things that are free; forgiveness. FREE