It’s that time of year again! The old carved pumpkin has long since been disposed. The old Halloween costumes are boxed and put away at the back of the closet. You’ve even bought your first seasonal calendar and are probably wondering about the latest trends or reindeer patterns for your Christmas wrapping paper.
But your heart’s not really in it, at least not yet anyway. You can’t believe it’s already time to start thinking about Christmas and, quite frankly, you’re just not excited about it. There Is either too much going on to get you feeling your festive spirit, or you’re simply feeling tasked after a long year. Sometimes, all it may take is a little change of decor to find your motivation again. So, why not give your home a well-deserved Christmas present with these easy decorating tips?
- Boom! Pull out those old Christmas lights and check to make sure the bulbs are all good. Even if you put up once decoration at a time, make it more enjoyable by introducing something new to your collection.
- Start using your fireplace in the evenings or lite up a few candles to create a warm glow.
- Talk to your kids and loved ones about what would be cool to get from “Santa” this year.
- Tune in some holiday music and generate some happy thoughts on Christmas’ gone by.
- Send out those Christmas cards before the last minute rush.
- Treat yourself and a friend to a Hot chocolate or the latest gingerbread or peppermint flavoured coffee.
- Call or visit family and friends that you never seem to have enough time for.
- Watch the occasional Christmas Movie. The oldies but goodies have a comforting way of setting the tone for a festive mood.
- Volunteer your time. Salvation Army and Animal shelters are always in need of extra help during the Holidays.
Simply making the time to reflect on one’s self and be thankful for the good things that we have is a sure way to generate ideas that you can pass on to others in their quest to find happiness and peace during this coming festive season.